Really, I’ve been busy this week at school and with the kids, and with my own life, and yes, perhaps I have been binge-reading and binge-watching, but I feel okay with that.
And there is just no way I can go back and remember everything I was grateful for from Thursday-today. But I can provide a partial list:
- Today, my classes start talking and writing about politics. I got to school by 7am to make a PowerPoint because we are living in weird times and even I had to figure out what I was going to lecture. I even thought of not doing this section but I went with it and so far, the students seemed excited (well, as excited as you can get when having to do an assignment).
- My good friend Rich told me to watch this show called No Tomorrow on Netflix. This is so not my type of show. I like grainy murder mysteries and British stuff, and this show is peppy and funny. The premise is a really uptight, 30 year old woman who works at like a FedEx kind of place meets this bohemian, free spirited man who believes the world is going to end in 8 1/2 months, so he has an “apoclist” of all the things he wants to do before the world ends. I know, it sounds so stupid, but it actually made me laugh and consider making my own “apoclist.”
- Sleeping in! On Friday night I stayed up to 2:30 am hanging with some friends and slept in until 10:45a.m. THIS HASN’T HAPPENED SINCE BEFORE MADDIE WAS BORN. I must admit, though, that starting my day at 11 felt terrible, like I had wasted so much time.
- I had a really, really bad Friday morning when I found out someone very close to me basically back-stabbed me in a way that I will never forgive (and that takes a lot from me). On the outside, I’ll still be cordial and kind, but any respect for this person is gone. However, I was uplifted by this quote:
- I’m not one for quotes in general because I feel like people send them to me and I’m just supposed to read them and instantly feel better. Such total bullshit. But the country I live in is falling a part at the seams, and so I have appreciated these two quotes:
6. Finally, I’m just really thankful that I’m on top of my work, my kids are doing well, and overall life is incrementally getting better.It may be a one step forward, 2 steps back kind of thing, but it is still moving in a forward motion.